|When:||Thursday, 23 February 2023|
Effective education involves the integration and alignment of three core systems, namely curriculum, learning and teaching, and assessment. In this context, ensuring alignment between course outcomes, content and assessment is important for curricular coherence, and contributes to the validity of assessments. Consequently, there is a need for academics to appreciate the role of assessment in student’s learning and to be able to design quality assessments for particular contexts. In addition to the need for authentic, valid assessment practices, more generally, there is a growing need to become familiar with technologies for use with assessments.
This workshop focuses on assessment in the field of Higher Education with special emphasis on assessment tools in ulwazi and other available platforms.
Session 1: Discussion & Assignment tool
- Setting up graded discussion
- Grading discussion topic using rubrics
- Grading discussion topic using SpeedGrader
- Setting up an Assignment link
- Setting up Peer review & group assignment
- Grading assignments using rubrics
- Grading assignments using Speedgrader
- Setting up assessment weighting linked to gradebook
Session 2: Quizzes (Quizzes tool & Studio)
- Setting up a quiz using various question types
- Setting up question banks
- Randomising from question banks
- Moderate function for grading, adjusting attempt and time limit
- Grading a Quizz (manual grading)
- Regrading a
- Releasing feedback
- Embedding a quiz to a
- Setting up an assignment with a quiz embedded video.
Date: 23 February 2023 (Session 1)
Add event to calendar