Unpacking AGOA: Eligibilty wrangles and the way forward
|When:||Tuesday, 21 June 2016 - Tuesday, 21 June 2016|
|Where:|| Braamfontein Campus West
Chalsty Teaching and Conference Centre, School of Law Building
The Mandela Institute at Wits will host a seminar which aims to bring together stakeholders to evaluate the trade negotiations between SA and the US.
The seminar also aims to analyse the pertinent health and food safety concerns and consider whether there are other stumbling blocks that could revoke South Africa's future eligibility.
Xolelwa Mlumbi-Peter, Deputy Director-General, International Trade and Economic Development Division at the Department of Trade and Industry, will be the keynote speaker at this seminar.
- Ed Winant, Trade and Investment Officer, Embassy of the United States of America
- Siyabulela Tsengiwe, Chief Commissioner, International Trade Administration Commission
- Virusha Subban, Partner, Bowman Gilfillan
- Cyril Prinsloo, Researcher, South African Institute of International Affairs
- Stephen Meltzer, Partner, Webber Wentzel
- Donald Mackay, Director, XA International Trade Advisors
- Tinashe Kapuya, Manager International Trade and Investment Intelligence, Agricultural Business Council
- Dr Malebakeng Forere, Senior Lecturer, Wits School of Law
- Penny Campbell, Director: Food Control, Pharmaceutical, Trade and Product Regulation, Department of Health