About Alumni Relations
The Alumni Office implements an Alumni Liaison strategy comprising:
- A pre-alumni programme that educates students about their future role as alumni
- An alumni media programme (publications, webzines, social media) that recognises high-achieving alumni and updates alumni on University developments
- An alumni networking, functions and events programme to encourage alumni to engage with the University and each other
- An alumni career and networking programme to support alumni careers
(including signing on to the student database)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 011 717 1090 | Fax: 0864064146
The mission of Alumni Relations is to inform, engage and inspire alumni to stay connected to their alma mater, support its vision and contribute to its success.
- To maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive database of Wits alumni
- To identify and promote alumni success and achievements to advance the credibility and reputation of the University.
- To maintain, deepen and strengthen an enduring lifelong relationship between alumni and their alma mater through opportunities that promote interaction and engagement with Wits.
- To maintain an alumni liaison programme that will encourage alumni to identify themselves with the University; to generate and sustain interest and participation in the University; to inspire alumni to contribute to the development of the University and the promotion of its good name and reputation, locally and internationally.
- To keep alumni informed and connected to Wits through a comprehensive communications and social media programme that inspires commitment to and confidence in the University.
- To support an effective advancement programme through collaboration and cooperation with all entities in the Division of Advancement & Partnerships and the broader Wits community.
This is our commitment to serving Alumni and the community of Wits University:
We work to build an enduring, mutually beneficial relationship between Alumni and their Alma Mater.
What we do
We maintain an alumni database to stay in touch with the global alumni fraternity and implement advocacy, communications, benefit, and engagement programmes to strengthen and deepen the connection alumni have to their alma mater and to each other.
- Excellence and professionalism
- Transparency and accountability
We adhere to the principles of the international Alumni Relations professional governing body, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE):
"Alumni Relations professionals have a fundamental obligation to:
advance the mission of their institutions and serve and support its alumni in an ethical and socially responsible manner
reflect in their work the basic values of educational institutions, including an abiding respect for diverse ideas, interests and constituencies
reinforce through words and actions the principles of honesty, integrity, and trust, which form the basis for long-term relationships and engagement with the institution’s alumni and other constituencies
place the welfare of the institution and its alumni above personal gain, avoid conflicts of interest, take responsibility for their decisions, and treat colleagues, alumni and the public with courtesy and respect."
Read or download the Alumni Handbook here