Witsie newsmakers in January 2018
Achievements, appointments and awards in brief
Please share your news! Email: email@example.com
- Advocate Thuli Madonsela (LLB 1991, hon LLD 2017) has taken up a position in the Law Faculty at the University of Stellenbosch.
- The Veuve Clicquot ELLE Boss of 2017 is Amanda Dambuza (BA 1999), an IT professional and founder of Uyandiswa Project Management Services. Winner of the Corporate Boss category is Justine Cullinan (MM 2017), 5FM station manager.
- Gabrielle Goliath (BAFA 2008, MAFA 2011) was awarded the Jury Prize at Les Rencontres de Bamako, a Pan-African photography exhibition.
- Dr Conrad Hughes (PhD 2008), Director of La Grande Boissière, the International School of Geneva, has published a book on prejudice and education.
- Sugar producer Illovo Sugar South Africa has appointed Mamongae Mahlare (BSc Eng 1997) as MD.
- Actress Didintle Khunou (BADA 2016) takes the lead role in the musical The Color Purple.
- Dolores Mashishi (BEd 1991) has been appointed group executive for human capital at Altron.
- Gareth van Onselen (BA 1998, BA Hons 1999, MA 2001) joined the South African Institute of Race Relations as its new head of politics and governance.
- The South African National Editors' Forum appointed Kate Skinner (BA 1990, MA 2006, PhD 2017) as executive director.
- Dr Ronald Sacher (BSc 1966, MBBCh 1969, HDTM&H 1966) has stepped down as director of the University of Cincinnati Hoxworth Blood Center after 17 successful years. He plans to maintain his clinical practice, teach and keep busy as President of the American Clinical and Climatological Association.