Let your printing follow you
A new printing service is being implemented throughout the University which will result in improved print service delivery for students. Over 160 devices will be deployed across all campuses.
The roll-out will run from May to July 2016 starting in residences and the Maths Science Lab. New devices will be installed first in the following 14 residences: Barnato Hall, Braamfontein Centre - 19th floor, David Webster, Ernest Oppenheimer, Esselen Street, Girton Hall, Jubilee Hall, Knockando Hall, Medhurst Hall, Men's Res, Noswal Hall, Reith Hall, Sunnyside and Wits Junction. It will then be rolled out to locations across all campuses.
Some of the benefits include:
- Follow Me Printing – the ability to release your print job to any student printing device on any campus,
- support for mobile device printing (printing from smartphones and tablets to any student device across the University),
- integration with ICAM so that print jobs can be released using access cards,
- more multi-function student devices across all campuses (print, copy, and free scanning),
- access to printing, copying and scanning facilities at certain residences,
- access to more colour printers in student areas, and
- a similar printing experience across all the different areas of the University.