Certificate in Postal Policy and Regulation for the Digital Era
This course offers insight into the operation, policy and regulation of the postal sector. The course was specifically requested by the regional regulatory association, the Communications Regulators' Association of Southern Africa (CRASA), an organisation of 13 member regulators.
The course covers the principles and parameters governing the sector, the transition to digital, and global trends in postal policy and regulation. It reviews the specifics of the range of policy and regulatory choices available: (1) to policymakers and regulators responsible for the postal sector; and (2) to regulatory sections of postal operators.
The course is designed within an overarching framework of technological convergence and digital transformation of economic sectors, including the postal sector.
This course is aligned to NQF Level 6 in the South African Qualifications Framework (SAQA)
- To enable participants to understand the leading trends in digital innovation and the implications relevant to the postal sector with reference to policy making, regulation, and operations
- To advance the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills of participants to shape the transformation of the postal sector
- To examine the leading perspectives on transitions in the postal sector, and assess the postal policy and regulatory dimensions associated with digital evolution
- To analyse and assess the transformative effects of digital innovation in the postal sector
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- discuss the evolution of the postal sector and postal services markets;
- describe the global and regional trends occurring in the postal sector;
- identify the main drivers, innovations and technologies enabling the transition to a digital future;
- debate and formulate specific ideas pertaining to the future policy and regulation of the postal sector in the context of the digital era; and
- assess the implications of specific choices in postal policy and regulation in the context of transition to digital economies and information-based societies.
- Transitioning to digital economies in Africa, across multiple sectors including the postal sector
- Global trends in postal policy and regulatory reform
- International, SADC and country level policy and legal frameworks for postal sector regulation in the context of digital economies
- Regulating the postal sector, including regulatory practice, universal access and service, cyber security and regulatory harmonisation
Nokhanyo Yolwa, Certificate Programmes Coordinator, LINK Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +27-71-939-8867
2019 course fee
ZAR32,908.00 per participant
2019 course dates in Johannesburg
11 consecutive days, October 1-11, 2019
To apply to be registered in this course, please complete and submit this online form.
2019 offerings outside South Africa
These offerings will be provided on a demand basis. To request an offering in your country, contact Course Convenor Dr. Luci Abrahams on email@example.com