Professor Somnath Bhattacharyya
|Organisational Unit||School of Physics|
My research interests include:
Quantum transport properties and nano-electronics: Nano-Carbon based quantum devices for information science
- Low-dimensional Carbon superlattice & fast nano-electronic devices
- Carbon nanotubes & semiconductor nanowires: Optoelectronic s
- Quantum Transport properties of Nano-crystalline diamond
- Electronic properties of Amorphous low-dimensional carbon thin films
Selected Publications (Somnath Bhattacharyya)
1. ‘Theoretical model of nano-electronic transport in structurally disordered carbon’, M. V. Katkov and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Europhys. Lett. 99, 37005 (2012).
2. *‘The Kondo Effect in Reduced Graphene Oxide Films’ Ross McIntosh and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Phys. Status Solidi, Rapid Research Letters 6, 56-58 (2012).
3. ‘Improved Electronic and Magnetic properties of Reduced Graphene Oxide Layers’ Ross McIntosh, Messai A. Mamo, Brice Jamieson, Saibal Roy, and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Europhys. Lett. 97, 38001 (2012)..
4. ‘Enhanced Tunnel Transport in Disordered Carbon films incorporated with impurities’ M.V. Katkov and Somnath Bhattacharyya, J. Appl. Phys. 111, 123711 (2012).
5. ‘Understanding conductivity crossover in nano-crsytalline diamond films using a disordered superlattice model’, George Chimowa, Dmitry Churochkin and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Europhys. Lett. 99, 27004 (2012).
6. ‘Origin of conductivity cross over in entangled multi-walled carbon nanotube network filled by iron’ G. Chimowa, E. C. Linganiso, D. Churochkin, N. J. Coville, and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Phys. Rev. B 84, 205429 (2011)
7. ‘High pressure Raman spectra of silicon nanowires’ Somnath Bhattacharyya, D. Churochkin and R. Erasmus, Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 141912 (2010).
8. ‘Anisotropic 3D weakly localized electronic transport in nitrogen-doped ultrananocrystalline diamond films’ K. V. Shah, D. Churochkin, Z. Chiguvare and Somnath Bhattacharyya, Phys Rev B 82, 184206 (2010).
9. ‘Two dimensional transport in disordered carbon and nano-crystalline diamond films’ Somnath Bhattacharyya, Phys. Rev. B 77, 233407 (2008).
10. ‘Demonstration of an amorphous carbon tun