Wits management and student leaders reach agreement on examinations
- Wits University
There will be two sittings for the examinations – the current sitting and a second sitting in December/January, depending on the Faculty.
Wits University’s management and student leaders reached consensus on the following:
- There will be two sittings for the examinations – the current sitting and a second sitting in December/January, depending on the Faculty.
- Students who did not apply for deferred examinations within the required three days and who wish to apply for the second sitting are expected to do so by midday on Friday, 25 November 2016.
- Students can elect to write in either the first ORsecond sitting. However, students must apply for the second sitting to allow for proper planning and scheduling. The process to apply for the second sitting is as follows:
- Click on this link: https://www.wits.ac.za/zahrah/display/internal/public/238/kuLf6lDmLr#section-intro
- Click on the application form for second examination sitting and fill in the details
- Attach supporting documents (if applicable)
- Click ‘Submit’ and the form will be emailed to your Faculty. Faculties will communicate directly with their respective students thereafter.
- Students who are unable to write their examination due to illness or for other reasons should submit their applications for the second sitting within the three day period following the examination.
- Those who have already applied for deferred examinations will automatically be allowed to participate in the second sitting in December/January, depending on the Faculty.
- Both sittings are subject to the same rules, and
- There will be no disruption of examinations and University activities.
Both parties believe that this understanding is in the best interests of students and staff.