Start main page content

Wits extends sympathies to worker's next of kin

- Wits University

The University has received a report that an employee of one of our service providers who worked in a residence passed away last week.

Last Tuesday, students released a fire extinguisher in the Jubilee Hall of Residence, which affected a cleaner in the building.

The worker was rushed to the Campus Health and Wellness Centre and then taken to hospital where the worker was treated for a few days. The worker was discharged from hospital and then passed away.

The cause of death is still to be determined. The University is awaiting a report from the service provider before commenting further.

Our deepest sympathies are extended to the family, friends and colleagues of the worker.

Share

Giving to Wits

School of Public Health Building

Whether you invest in a promising young student, or contribute towards vital research or new buildings and facilities – giving to Wits brings great personal satisfaction and lasting results you can be proud of for years to come.

Give to Wits