Counselling and Careers Development Unit (CCDU)
he CCDU provides a welcoming and safe space to students, to enhance their well-being and contribute to their academic success .
Based on an ethos of student-centeredness, the Unit is staffed by a small but dedicated team of professionals inclusive of psychologists, social workers, careers educators, life coaches and administrators who offer a variety of supportive and empowering services to the student community.
The following services are available through the Counselling & Careers Development Unit:
- Career Services - career development through career counselling/education, psychometric career assessments and personal development workshops.
- Therapy Services - one-on-one counselling and/or group therapy, trauma debriefing and psycho-education in the form of workshops and talks.
- HIV/AIDS Education and Support Services - holistic interventions and programmes for students affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- Learn for Life - is a structured programme that provides psychosocial learning and life skills development for students through the facilitation of group processes, presentations, workshops and trainings.
- Graduate Recruitment - A programme that facilitates contact between students and prospective employers through the organisation of career exhibitions, company presentations, and foyer interviews.
Emergency & After Hours contacts:
- Wits Student Crisis Line: 0800 111 331
- LifeLine (24 hours) 011 728 1347 or 0861 322 322
- South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) (08h00-20h00)
- SADAG Helpline : 0800 12 13 14 or SMS 32312
- SADAG Suicide Crisis Line 800 567 567 or SMS 31393
- Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit (24 Hour) 0861 435 7