Start main page content
- Guj, P., Martin, S., Maybee, B., Cawood, F., Bocoum, B., Gosai, N. and Huibregtse, S. Transfer Pricing in Mining with a focus on Africa: A Reference Guide for Practitioners, World Bank, Washington, January 2017. pp. 303.
- Cawood, F.T. Global opportunities for twenty-first century mining. BizTrends 2017. Bizcommunity (Energy and Mining) www.bizcommunity.com/BizTrends.
- Bondarenko, V., Cherniak, V., Cawood, F. and Chervatiuk, V. Technological Safety of sustainable development of coal enterprises. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 11(2), pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.15407/mining11.02.001.
- Grobler H. and Cawood F. (2013) Spatial positioning in a narrow tunnel environment: Comparing accuracies of survey control established in the roof against sidewall networks. International society of Mine Surveyors, Aachen Germany, September 2013, pp 777-789
- Grobler H (2016) Does the underground sidewall station survey method meet MHSA standards? South African Journal of Geomatics Vol 5, No 2 (2016): Geomatics Indaba special edition, pp108 -119.
- Grobler H. (2016) Azimuth determination by gyroscope, 50 years later, has anything changed? International society of Mine Surveyors, Brisbane, Australia, September 2016, pp 105-112
- Feroze, T., and Phillips, H. R. (2015). An Initial Investigation of Room and Pillar Ventilation Using CFD to Investigate the Effects of Last Through Road Velocity. 24th International Mining Congress and Exhibition of Turkey (IMCET 15). Antalya, Turkey, 14-17 April. pp. 970-977.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2016). Estimating the effects of line brattice ventilation system variables in an empty heading in room and pillar mining using CFD. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 116. pp 1143-1152.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). Evaluation of line brattice length in an empty heading to improve air flow rate at the face using CFD. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, Vol. 27, No 2. pp 253-259.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). A CFD model to evaluate variables of the line brattice ventilation system in an empty heading. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 117. pp 97-108.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). Analysis of ducted fan system variables on ventilation in an empty heading using CFD. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 117. pp 157-167.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2016). Ventilation of underground coal mines – A Computational Fluid Dynamics study. The Mine Ventilation Society of South Africa Conference 2016. Johannesburg, South Africa, 1-2 September. pp 89-95.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). Air Flow Pattern Analysis of Line Brattice Ventilation System Using CFD. 25th International Mining Congress and Exhibition of Turkey (IMCET). Antalya, Turkey,11-14 April
- Geospatial Subsidence Hazard Modelling at Sterkfontein Caves. South African Journal of Geomatics, Vol. 4, No. 3, August 2015 and Position IT Feb 2016 edition
- Conceptual Architecture of GIS-Based Ground Behaviour Monitoring and Numerical Predictive Modelling at Sterkfontein Caves with a View to Enhance Safety and Stability. PositionIT
- Mineral Development for Growth: The Case for a New Mineral Policy Framework for Pakistan, International Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management
- Mineral Development for Growth: China Pakistan Economic Corridor and its Impacts on Economic and Social Transformation, 2nd International Business and Research Conference 2017, Karachi
- Tetteh, M.N (2014), Mine Call factor issues at Iduapriem Mine: Working towards an ore and metal accounting Protocol, Paper presentation at the Institute of Mine Surveyors of South Africa Free State branch meeting and Afgen open day.
- Tetteh, M.N, Cawood, F.T (2014), Variable components of the Mine Call Factor from a surface mine perspective using AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Mine as a case study, AfricaGeo conference 2014 held in Cape Town.
- Tetteh, M.N, and Cawood, F.T (2014), Mine Call Factor issues from a surface mine perspective working towards an ore accounting protocol. Position IT magazine..
- Tetteh, M.N, and Cawood, F. T (nd), Design considerations for Critical Coal Measurement points: Towards accurate reconciliation for Integrated Mine Planning. SAIMM.
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, R. V. Olst, “Effect of Tunnel Geometry and Antenna Parameters on Through-The-Air Communication Systems in Underground Mines: Survey and Open Research Areas”, Physical Communication (Elsevier), Mar 2017
- Cawood, F.T. Policy elements for twenty-first century African mining. Submitted for publication in the Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management, China (Under review).
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, R. V. Olst, “Statistical Radio Propagation of Underground Mine: A Performance Study with Different Antennas”, IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology, Sydney, 2017. (Accepted but withdrawn)
- Towards Safer Mining: The Role of Modelling Software to Detect the Container in which the Lily Miners were trapped, South African Journal of Geomatics
- A New Mineral Policy Development Framework for Pakistan, International Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management
- Implementation plan for a new mineral policy development framework and mining cadastre system for Pakistan
- Location-Aware Self-Organizing LTE/LTE-A Small Cell Networks”, IETE Technical Review Journal
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, S Ali, “Towards Safer Mining: A Scientific Measurement Approach for Imaging and Locating the Buried Container Lamp Room at Lily Mine”, The Journal of the Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM), December 2016
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, R. V. Olst, “ Statistical Radio Propagation of Underground Mine: A Performance Study with Different Antennas ”, IEEE Wireless Communication Letters