Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nursing Systems Science)
This programme is specifically developed for current registered professional nurses, who have obtained their professional qualifications, but cannot progress in their careers in nursing due to the level of their academic qualifications, i.e. qualified nurses who wish to convert their diploma qualifications into a Bachelor’s degree.
If you wish to pursue a career in Nursing, you are encouraged to apply for the 4-year professional degree, Bachelor of Nursing (MFA07), by no later than 30 June.
Documents to be submitted by applicants upon application:
- South African applicants:
Certified Certificate from the Nursing Education Institution indicating the qualification obtained.
NOTE: if the applicant has obtained an Additional Qualification in Nursing, the South African Nursing Council Certificate of Registration – Additional Qualification should be provided.
- Diploma - Nurse (General, Psychiatric and Community) and Midwife (Accoucheur) = 4 year diploma (NQF level 6)
- Diploma in General Nursing science and Midwifery = 3 ½ year diploma (NQF level 6)
- Diploma in General Nursing plus a one year Diploma Midwifery (NQF level 5)
- Diploma in Medical and Surgical nursing science (speciality) = NQF level 6
(Can apply for credit if qualifying for Bachelor's entry into university)
- GENERAL NURSE = bridging programme = NQF level 5
- International applicants:
Certified certificate from the Nursing Education Institution indicating the qualification obtained.
USAf (SA Matriculation Board) letter/certificate of exemption
SAQA certificate of evaluation (for credit purposes)