We administer funds on behalf of external sponsors by providing the following services:
- Allocate funds to the student fee account
- Process allowances permitted by the sponsors.
- Provide results and fee statements to the sponsors on behalf of the students in line with the POPI Act.
Points to remember
- Make enquiries early in the year for possible sponsors.
- Apply to as many sponsors as possible.
- Check closing dates - many sponsors will not accept late applications.
- If you are unable to obtain financial aid, you are advised to postpone plans to attend university until you have sufficient funds.
- You must apply directly to outside organizations for full particulars and application forms for bursaries, scholarships and loans offered by outside organizations, which have no contract commitments.
- You can google possible sponsors, request advice from our Student Liaison officers or visit our website to see if any bursary calls have been advertised on behalf of the sponsor.
Some of the External Sponsors administered by our office which students can contact are SASOL Bursaries, Eskom Bursary, Vodacom Bursary; governmental bursaries and scholarships both national and provincial.
Wits DOES NOT have the application forms for the awards listed in this section.
Regular Consultation Hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30 - 16:00
For more information contact: