The Educator Enrichment Programme
The Educator Enrichment Programme aims to:
- Assist the subject-specific, subject-didactic and curriculum-specific knowledge of participating educators.
- Upgrade the educators’ technical dexterity thus educators will be better equipped to create their own materials for learners.
- Assist in the creation of professional learning communities amongst educators which will assist in the dissemination and generation of knowledge.
To date, the Educators Enrichment Programme has impacted 750 educators nationally.
Venue: The Wits Education Campus in Parktown
Frequency: Annually during the June/July school break
Duration: Educators participate in a week-long professional development programme
- The invitation is extended to 3 educators (Life Science or Physical Science and/or Mathematics) from all Targeting Talent Programme feeder schools.
- N.B. If you would like to be involved, but your school is not a Targeting Talent feeder school please contact Linah Sesheba (Linah.Sesheba@wits.ac.za) or Dr Zena Richards (Zena.Richards@wits.ac.za) for more information.
The Educators Enrichment Programme consists of 5 teaching days. Over the course of the 5 days the educators are exposed to subject-specific curriculum (Life Science, Physical Science, Mathematics), interdisciplinary sessions and plenary sessions facilitated by guest lecturers. The educators also attend:
- A welcome and farewell dinner
- An excursion
What is provided? (for educators from TTP feeder schools)
- Accommodation in residences
- Transport to and from the pick-up point to the Education Campus
- Accreditation (The Programme is SACE accredited (Mathematics and Life/Physical Science-15 PD points each). Attendance at lectures and plenary is compulsory)