Before International students are able to register you must complete the following steps:
Complete the Online Fees Estimator for the annual tuition fees, other related costs and the on-campus accommodation fee (if applicable).
Full-time: Study visa - this reflects that you will be studying at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
Part-time: Critical/General Work Visa/Intra-Company or Business Visa
Holders of Refugee Permits, Asylum Seeker Permits and Diplomatic Visas can visit the International Students Office website for requirements.
Payment of fees:
- 75% of the annual tuition fee is payable on or before registration, as well as 75% of the on-campus accommodation fee.
- This payment includes the annual tuition fees and other related costs.
- The balance of the fees is payable by 31 March.
- Postgraduate students registering in the course of the year; the balance is payable 30 days after registration.
- Fees clearance is to be obtained from the Fees Office.
- If you are sponsored, your sponsorship letter has to be vetted by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO).
Clearance to Register:
- Present your Passport, Visa (study, work) and proof of SA medical aid membership for the current year to the International Students Office to obtain the international clearance to enroll.
- First time undergraduate students must obtain a Matriculation Exemption.
For further enquiries email:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the International Students site. After international clearance has been issued, please register for your academic programme as per your student status and your home faculty.