Matriculated after 2007 (Please note that the admission requirements differ for each branch):
• Aeronautical APS 40 • Chemical APS 42 • Civil APS 36 • Electrical APS 36 • Industrial APS 40 • Mechanical APS 40 • Metallurgy APS 42 • Mining APS 40
Applicants must have a Level 5 in Mathematics, English and Physical Science and the above-mentioned APS.
If you have matriculated before 2008 the following will apply:
• Aeronautical 24 • Chemical 24 • Civil 24 • Electrical 26 • Industrial 24 • Mechanical 24 • Metallurgy 21 • Mining 20
Applicants must have a D symbol in English HG, and a C symbol in Mathematics HG and Physical Science HG.
Admission Point Score if you have written Grade 12 after 2007 - NSC:
NB: This is a guideline only. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
Wits tabulates the points score for all subjects on the following basis:
- That English must be taken either as Home Language or as first Additional Language. Foreign students presenting with English as second Additional Language will have the option of a foreign conditional exemption and / or English proficiency tests.
- Maths is compulsory for Commerce, Law and Management - BCom.
- Maths Literacy is not accepted and counts as a normal 'other subject'.
- Wits does not distinguish between designated vs. non-designated subjects when calculating the admission point score (APS).
- The APS calculation is based on the best seven subjects including Life Orientation. (Note that LIFE ORIENTATION points are different.)
Designated Subjects - NSC:
||Engineering Graphics and Design
||All official /some non-official languages
Admission Point Score if you have passed Grade 12 before 2008 – Senior Certificate: