The School of Mechanical, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering is proud to work together with a diverse array of centres based at Wits University.
A University centre performs the following functions:
- Facilitating inter-disciplinary formal teaching and research
- Facilitating service learning and other comparable activities on the part of the university students
- Encouraging professional, vocational and community based programmes
- Creating a focus for contract research and consultancy activity in any sector of the University
- Assisting with attracting outside funding
- In special cases, providing a structure for the delivery of academic programmes
Working together with the centres, the School aims to continue providing outstanding contributions to the University, community and South Africa as a whole.