Naming opportunities and named entities
There are a wide range of naming opportunities for external investors, sponsors and donors that can be customised to meet their particular requirements.
Significant University assets may be named:
- in consideration of financial contributions, sponsorship or other commercial transactions (Naming in Recognition), or
- may be named to honour individuals or entities (Naming in Honour), or
- may be named due to historical, functional, locality, cultural/ african evocative or other reasons.
The Wits University Naming Policy provides detailed guidelines around how the above three categories are applied.
There are a range of assets and entities that can be named at Wits. The various categories are split into:
- already named entities, and
- opportunities for naming entities
External sponsors, donors, and investors are encouraged to engage with the University around sponsoring potential naming opportunities, as well as other innovative categories or entities they may identify.
Please contact the Wits Development and Fundraising Office on 011 717 9701/2 or click here for more contact details.