The following four compulsory courses, two of which must be completed at core ** level and two at non-core level:
- Advanced Individual Labour Law (Core)
- Advanced Collective Labour Law (Core)
- Labour Arbitration (Non-core) * (1-week course during office hours - please consult Mandela Institute webpage for timing and duration of course)
- Mediation and Conciliation (Non-core) * (1-week course during office hours - please consult Mandela Institute webpage for timing and duration of course)
* Course subject to the following prerequisite(s):
- Labour Law (LAWS4053;LAWS4066A) or an equivalent course at undergraduate level;
- or Advanced Individual Labour Law and Advanced Collective Labour Law
- or Certificates of Competence in Individual Labour Law Practice and in Collective Labour Law Practice and Jurisdiction
Note that candidates who have not completed these prerequisites prior to commencing this programme, will have to register for this programme on a part-time basis. Such candidates will only be able to complete these courses in their second year of study, after having completed Advanced Individual Labour Law and Advanced Collective Labour Law in the first year of study.
** Core courses
A core course covers the same content as a non-core course, but students must complete an additional research component, counting for 50% of the final mark for the core course.