Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist: Evaluation Systems
The Strengthening Legislatures function, situated in the Evaluation Systems (ES) Business Line is aimed at improving evidence use and M&E processes in African parliaments – the incumbent will report to ES Business Line Leader. The function provides capacity-strengthening opportunities for Members of Parliament as well as parliamentary staff by convening and facilitating regional peer learning workshops and tailored training for specific parliaments, engaging in research and knowledge production, and developing relevant tools to strengthen evidence use in parliaments.
The successful candidate will be involved in the following key duties:
- Contribute to the strategic planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of all activities and projects within the Strengthening Legislatures function
- Support the management of the Strengthening Legislatures function, by allocating projects and duties to Junior staff members, providing guidance and support, and monitoring performance
- Build relationships with internal and external partners including parliaments and capacity strengthening organisations, as well as local consultants
- Conceptualise key projects relevant to the aims of the programme and develop related work-plans and budgets
- Organise and facilitate discussions / workshops related to peer learning / tailored training, tool development and research
- Conduct relevant research and produce related research outputs including reports, journal articles and online content such as blogs, policy / learning briefs and interactive presentations
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with parliamentarians and parliamentary staff and related stakeholders (government, capacity building partners, CSOs) in a capacity strengthening, technical advisory or research-related role;
- At least 3 years’ experience managing projects;
- A Post-graduate degree in development studies, public and development management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field of study;
- Experience working in different African countries and a good understanding of the different socio-political and economic contexts across the continent;
- Innovative and strategic thinking ability;
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail and quality assurance;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly analyse and explain complex issues verbally and in writing;
- Ability to be a team player and comfort in working in a collaborative environment;
- Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement.
To submit your application for the above mentioned post, please register (https://irec.wits.ac.za) and upload your detailed curriculum vitae including covering letter as well as name, address and contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please attach the following: your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output.
Enquiries (Job Content Only)
Ms. Candice Morkel
For all other HR administrative related enquiries, kindly contact Makgala Mokoena on email address: Makgala.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date :02 October, 2020 at noon