Clean Coal Technology Research
Clean Coal Technology Research (CCT) is the home of the DST/NRF funded SARChI Chair of Clean Coal Technology.It's expertise in coal processing, characterisation, and application is amongst the best in the world. CCT's interest lies in the in-depth research into coal and carbon as a material, and the advancement of technologies and industry practices that significantly increase coal conversion efficiency and decrease environmental impact.
To be the premier world renowned centre in Southern Africa for education and research in clean coal science and technology by:
- Undertaking fundamental and applied research on coal, carbon, energy and related materials.
- Achieving significant advances in the understanding of coal and clean, efficient utilisation thereof.
- Being at the forefront of research into carbon capture and storage in Southern Africa.
- Building capacity through education.
- Developing a technically sound information and experiential framework for policy and strategic development.
Researchers and Staff Members
Professor Rosemary Falcon
Associate Professor Nicola Wagner
Mr Lionel Falcon
Dr Elias Matinde
Dr Shehzaad Kauchali
Dr Samson Bada
Dr Evanie Deenanath
Ms Nthabiseng Maledi
Mrs Patience Mavhengere
Mrs Zama Mthabela
Mrs Maggie Blair
Mrs Gail Gordon