Psychometric Career Assessment
This programme uses both computerised and written psychometric assessment tools to evaluate your aptitude, interests, personality and values.
The Psychometric Career Assessments offered by the Counselling & Careers Development Unit are suitable for the following individuals:
- Grade 9 learners having to make subject choice decisions
- Grade 11 & 12 considering post-school options
- Current university students
- Adults considering mid-career changes
This is a holistic programme that also includes consideration of biographical and emotional information in order to facilitate comprehensive and effective career planning. Client results, career plans and concerns will be discussed in an individual counselling feedback session with a professional. Parents or partners are welcome to attend the latter 45 minutes of the feedback session.
Sessions: This programme is conducted over 2 sessions, session 1 for the Assessment and session 2 for the Feedback. An appointment for the feedback session is made on the day of the assessment.
The programme runs from January to mid-December. Assessments are conducted on most Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Please inquire at reception as to the availability of assessment dates.
Booking and Payment
Bookings for the assessment programme are done through the Counselling and Careers Development Unit (CCDU) reception. Please call (011) 717-9140/32 for booking and payment details.
Please inquire at the Counselling and Careers Development Unit for applicable fees. A special discount is applicable for Wits employees and their children. Those unable to afford this amount can telephone the CCDU and request bursary information. A bursary will only be granted in cases of genuine need.
Career Counselling & Assessment Outcomes
Individuals using the Career Counselling services offered by the Counselling and Careers Development Unit can be assured of the following:
- Confidentiality and objective information that you can apply to your career-pathing.
- We do not promise any magical solutions or quick fixes!
- No personalized reports are provided for the psychometric career assessment. Instead, clients will receive results, computer-generated reports and appropriate reading material relevant to the client.
- No decisions or choices will be made for you - this is your opportunity to clarify your concerns.