Alumni Mentoring Programme
Mentoring: your direct connection to personal career growth
Learning does not end when you graduate. It is a lifetime endeavour in which mentoring can play a powerful role for both mentee and mentor. The Wits Alumni Office offers all alumni free access to the Wits e-mentoring platform, where mentors and mentees are matched according to their own needs, anywhere in the world.
Mentoring can provide professional and career advice, guide an entrepreneur who is starting out, or help someone adapt to a new environment or country.
Sharing your knowledge and experience not only benefits the other person, but also enhances your own growth and development.
Making the most of e-mentoring
- Are you a current student or recent graduate looking for a career mentor?
- Are you looking for information about a particular industry?
- Are you a Wits graduate who would like to offer a helping hand to students and recent graduates?
- Would you like to move up the ladder in your profession?
- Are you curious about career prospects in other industries where your skills and expertise may be transferable?
- Are you considering a career change?
- Would you like to talk to someone about career advancement options?
Inspire excellence. Stay connected. Build community. Become a Wits alumni mentor and you will provide support, job search advice and career guidance for a current Wits student or recent graduate who will benefit from your unique experience and skills. Sharing your knowledge will open mentees’ eyes, keep you connected to the innovation that defines Wits, and play a crucial role in building a dynamic, enduring Wits community.
Benefits for the mentor
- Knowledge that you have helped someone to grow in confidence and self-esteem
- Satisfaction that you have given a student or recent graduate increased knowledge, skills and experience in attaining their career goals
- A chance to develop a new skill for your CV
- An opportunity to reflect on your own experiences from a new perspective and to learn from those about to enter into employment
- An understanding of the challenges and expectations of students coming into the workplace
- A heightened sense of value and contribution to the graduate ‘talent pool’
- An opportunity to increase networks and contacts outside the current workplace environment
Build your network. Expand your horizons. Find new opportunities. When you join the Wits e-mentoring scheme you gain insights and connections that can help make your career dreams a reality. Your mentor will share advice and personal experiences, and give you an idea of what to expect from your working life.
Benefits for the mentee
- One-to-one support from an experienced professional
- An opportunity to network and build contacts within an industry
- Gaining an insight into your chosen industry or career
- Help in recognising your own abilities and limitations in relation to your career ideas and in highlighting areas for development
- Development of specialist skills
- Development of employability skills
- Practical advice on job search techniques and skills
Act today and experience the power of mentoring!
Click here to sign-up and you will receive a secure link to activate your account and complete your detailed profile.
The programme then matches mentors and mentees based on your personal profile of needs, interests and preferences. A set of easy to use tools will guide you in the mentoring process and provide online support and assistance.
Click here if you are already a member.
If you don’t remember your password, you can reset it.
If you’d like more information, please contact Purvi Purohit at email@example.com