With state-of-the-art facilities, the residence accommodation at the Wits Junction is ideally suited to postdoctoral fellows, visiting academics and students pursuing postgraduate qualifications. Newly built and set in spacious, secure surrounds in Junction Avenue on the Ridge in Parktown, the complex is close to all Wits campuses. Here, you will enjoy modern amenities both in your individual accommodation and in the general facilities within the complex. Wits Junction is the perfect atmosphere for international students to experience and to immerse themselves in South African culture, and to make a few friends.
- Studio (Bachelor) – Self contained, furnished compact apartment with bathroom, kitchenette, cooker and fridge.
- Two-bedroom – Self-contained, with shared bathroom, kitchenette, cooker, fridge, and dining area.
- Three-bedroom – Self contained with shared bathroom, kitchenette with dining area. Fridge supplied per bedroom.
- Four-bedroom – Self contained with two shared bathrooms, kitchenette with dining area. Fridge supplied per bedroom.
Each apartment is also equipped with a telephone, Internet connectivity and wall mounted heater.
The Wits Junction includes all the essentials of comfortable residence living:
- Fully secure
- Free Wits bus service to all nearby campuses, and weekend busses to the Rosebank Shopping Mall
- Ample parking (covered parking also available)
- Sports facilities at the Wits Education Campus, 1 km away
- Resident wardens to assist with emergencies
The Wits Junction Community Centre includes:
- Study rooms
- Computer room
- TV lounge with DSTV
- Games room
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee shop and retail convenience store
Fees and Applying
Fuller details are available from The Wits Junction. (Telephone: 011-717-5028/32)
- Fees are per person, for 10 months and additional accommodation is pro-rated.
- All residents must sign leases until no earlier than 30 November.
- Sub-letting is not permitted.
- Fees include inter-campus transport and the use of laundry facilities.
Download the brochure.
21 Junction Avenue
cnr Parklane Avenue
26o 10' 53.2" S
28o 2' 50.6" E
Central Accommodation Office
PO Box 660,
Tel: 27 (0)11 717 9173/4
Fax 27 (0) 11 339 8213
Residence Cluster Manager – The Junction
Mr Thokozan Manyanyge
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 5031
Residence Accommodation Officers – The Junction
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 5028 / 32
Student Accommodation – Central Office
Tel: +27 (0)11 7179172 / 73/ 74
Visitors/Staff Accommodation - Central Office
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 9174