With state-of-the-art facilities, the residence accommodation at Wits Junction is ideally suited to postdoctoral fellows, visiting academics and students pursuing postgraduate qualifications. Newly built and set in spacious, secure surrounds on the Ridge in Parktown, the complex is close to all Wits campuses. Here, you will enjoy modern amenities both in the individual accommodation and in the general facilities on offer. Wits Junction is the perfect atmosphere for international students to experience and immerse themselves in South African culture, and to make a few friends.
Central Accommodation Office
PO Box 660,
Tel: 27 (0)11 717 9173/4
Fax 27 (0) 11 339 8213
- Studio (Bachelor) – Self contained, furnished compact apartment with bathroom, kitchenette, cooker and fridge.
- Two-bedroom – Self-contained, with shared bathroom, kitchenette, cooker, fridge, and dining area.
- Three-bedroom – Self contained with shared bathroom, kitchenette with dining area. Fridge supplied per bedroom.
- Four-bedroom – Self contained with two shared bathrooms, kitchenette with dining area. Fridge supplied per bedroom.
Each apartment is also equipped with a telephone, Internet connectivity and wall mounted heater.
Wits Junction includes all the essentials of comfortable residence living:
- Fully secure and security is managed, 24/7.
- Free Wits bus service to all nearby campuses plus weekend busses to Rosebank Shopping Mall
- Ample parking (some covered parking available)
- Tennis and squash courts at the Wits Education Campus 2km away
The Junction Community Centre includes:
- Seminar rooms
- Computer Centre
- TV lounge with DSTV
- Games room
- Laundry facility
- Resident wardens to assist with emergencies
Fees and Applying
Fuller details are available from The Wits Junction. (Telephone: 011-717-5028/32)
- Fees are per person, for 10 months and additional accommodation pro-rated.
- All residents must sign leases until no earlier than 30 November.
- Sub-letting is not permitted.
- Fees include inter-campus transport.