NSFAS APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NOW OPEN.
The National Students’ Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened its applications for 2018.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Please ensure that you have certified copies (less than 3 months) of the following documents before you lodge an application (either online or at the National Youth Development Agency Offices). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your South African ID or unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and / or guardians (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person leaving with you in your home
- Pay slip / letter of employment / pension advice (not older than 3 months)
- Signed consent form, filled in with parent / guardian signatures. Applications without a consent form that is not signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application, will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete. You can download the form via www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html
If you have a disability, the Disability Annexure A must also be completed. This form can be accessed via www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html
- Only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
2. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and LLB
Students wishing to undertake other postgraduate qualifications MUST NOT apply. These students will need to apply to the NRF when they open their applications later this year.
WHERE DO YOU APPLY?
- You can apply online via www.nsfas.org.za OR
- You can collect and drop off your complete paper NSFAS application and ALL required documents at NYDA Offices. To find your closest office, visit www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html#account3
- Ensure that the mobile number on your application form works. Do not change the number as NSFAS will communicate with you via this number throughout the application process.
- Only South African citizens are eligible to apply for NSFAS Funding
Contact NSFAS directly: