Here you will find documents necessary to operate as a student body at Wits.
Below is an explanation of the above documents:
EXTERNAL SPONSORS AND DONATIONS
Sponsorships or donations received from external companies must be transferred into the attached University Banking Details. Students are not permitted to have a private account
Should the Sponsor require an invoice first, this can be processed by your SDP or SRC Administrator and takes 48 hours to generate.
A filled in Customer Application Form must be filled in, in order to have the company’s invoicing details - IF THE SPONSOR HAS NEVER SPONSORED WITS BEFORE. If they have, then they already will be loaded on the system, and we will be able to invoice them accordingly.
Proof of payment must be forwarded to your SDP
The proof of payment is very important as the money gets deposited into the Wits Central account, and once your SDP receives the proof of payment, it is then transferred into the individual CSO Account.
PURCHASES FROM THE UNIVERSITY ACCOUNT
- As a committee, agree on the expenses.
- Minutes to be signed by the chairperson and TWO other exec members.
- Source the required quotes
Procurement rules as per below:
Value of Goods/Services
Minimum number of quotes required
0 – R20 000
R20 000 – R100 000
R100 000 – R1 000 000
R1 000 000 – R5 000 000
Tender – Open or Closed
Above R5 000 000
Tender - Open
- The Treasurer must complete the CSO Budget Form
- Submit the completed budget form, quotes and minutes to the SRC administrator one week before goods/services are required. (This is subject to change depending on the nature of the event).
- IR/PO will be available TWO working days after the budget has been submitted.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT RELEASE GOODS OR RENDER SERVICES WITHOUT A PO/IR
** IR – Internal Requisition is like a University cheque used to pay internal University stakeholders.
** PO – a Purchase Order is a guarantee of payment which is generated on the University system to pay Wits approved suppliers.
No student Body is permitted to hire out any of the University facilities including respective School Coucil rooms to any outside organisation
University venues are granted on availability.
You can “suggest” a “preferred” venue but if the Student Body cannot be accommodated it will be allocated another venue.
The Great Hall can be booked at Performing Arts Administration (PAA) at a cost which can be obtained from Lerato on 011-717-1372 or email email@example.com
Some venues on campus come at a cost. This information is available at SRC Reception.
Venues are only available till 22:00 no later or overnight
Bookings are to be done 48hrs before the venue is required. If booking for a weekend the booking must be done by Wednesday. PIMD does not accept late bookings. Requests received on Wednesday after 15:30 will not be considered unless the request is for the following week.
To book sports facilities, please fill in the Sports Venue Bookings Form
For all events where off campus, travel is required, approval for the event must be obtained from the SDP. Completed University Indemnity Form must be submitted to the SDP, 24 hours prior to departure.
It is the responsibility of all committee members to familiarise themselves with their Constitutions as well as the Financial by-laws.
- SRC Constitution
- CSO Model Constitution
- School Council Model Constitution
- University SRC Financial Rules
Please ensure your constitutions are handed in annually with the new Executive Committees details at SRC Reception or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SRC Airtime Request is available at the SRC reception.
- It must be signed by the chairperson, treasurer, one exec committee member and SDP.
- Airtime requests should be linked to an activity.