8th CROSS FACULTY GRADUATE SYMPOSIUM
Showcasing Graduate Research at Wits
Wednesday 25 October and Thursday 26 October 2017
The Postgraduate Affairs Office takes pleasure in informing the postgraduate students that the 8th Wits Cross- Faculty Graduate Symposium will take place on Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 October 2017
The symposium slots for oral presentations and abstracts deadline is 15th September 2017.
We will keep in touch with the students who will be presenting their posters and their papers.
Presentations will be selected from registered Masters and PhD students from all five Faculties who will compete for cash prizes. The top oral presentations and poster displays from each Faculty will be selected to present to judges in a single plenary session, vying for a top prize.
There is no cost involved in presenting or registering for the Symposium.
We welcome the academic community at large to register to attend and support the students.
We welcome and encourage postgraduate students to please still volunteer as session chairpersons and registration officials. The purpose of the symposium is to give students and their supervisors the opportunity to engage in a high-level intellectual activity on the Wits Campus. This is the only time that postgraduate students will have to engage with colleagues across the five Faculties. To get the full benefit from the symposium you will need to attend as many oral and posters presentations as possible. Learning to ask questions as an audience member is a critical skill for successful intellectual engagement.
Abstract submissions closing date is 15 September 2017
DETAILS OF THE SYMPOSIUM
The Symposium welcomed Master’s and Doctoral students to:
- present their research
- be rewarded for excellence
- be stimulated by the range of postgraduate research at Wits
- meet students in other disciplines
- explore research synergies across disciplines
- hone their presentation skills
- acquaint themselves with conference procedures
- the students should have the support of their supervisors
- All Wits registered Master’s and PhD postgraduates could submit current or completed research towards their higher degree for consideration.
- Due to space and time constraints we could not select all abstracts for the preferred presentation.
Abstracts to be emailed as an attachment to Lucille.firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate the programme entries and have to follow the guidelines below.