The Postgraduate Affairs Office is an initiative of the University Research Office to promote a public face for postgraduate studies at Wits. Its brief is to improve the overall quality of the postgraduate experience across all five faculties and for focused strategic thinking about the implementation of the 2020 vision to establish a research intensive University with 50% postgraduate students.
The Postgraduate Affairs Office’s role includes:
- development of appropriate initiatives which will enhance the University’s strategic goals of increasing recruitment and success of postgraduate students;
- formulating policy on graduate studies;
- implementing the Postgraduate Cross-Faculty Symposium;
- designing and implementing generic courses and research support workshops for graduate students;
- designing and implementing writing retreats for graduate students;
- promotion of a public face for postgraduate studies at Wits.
All information concerning postgraduate opportunities will be sent to a designated mailing list as well as to your Wits student email address. If you wish to use another email address please log into your Wits student address and forward your mails accordingly. We want you to get all the information that will enhance your postgraduate experience.
Director: Professor Neil Coville
Senior Administrator: Ms Lucille Mooragan
Phone 011 7171156
- Statement of principles for postgraduate supervision
- Grievance procedure for postgraduate students
- Ethics dates and applications
- Funding opportunities for postgraduate students
- Standing Orders on Higher Degrees