The Postgraduate Affairs Office is an initiative of the main University Research Office to promote a public face for all postgraduate studies at Wits. Its brief is to improve the overall quality of the postgraduate experience across all five faculties and for focused strategic thinking about the implementation of the 2022 vision to establish a research-intensive University with 45% postgraduate students. This webpage aims to serve as a virtual hub to all PG inititaives occuring across the university.
The Postgraduate Affairs Office’s role includes:
- development of appropriate initiatives which will enhance the University’s strategic goals of increasing recruitment and success of postgraduate students;
- formulating policy on graduate studies;
- hosting the Postgraduate Cross-Faculty Symposium;
- designing and implementing generic courses and research support workshops for graduate students;
- designing and implementing writing retreats for graduate students;
- promotion of a public face for postgraduate studies at Wits.
All information concerning postgraduate opportunities will be advertised now on this webpage. We want you to have acess to all the information that will enhance your postgraduate experience.
For any queries, please contact:
Ms Lucille Mooragan
Phone 011 717 1156