Wits University is able to offer truly affordable conference accommodation near the centre of Johannesburg.
The Wits residences are available for group bookings during the University vacations in June/July, December and January.
Situated conveniently on the main University campus in Braamfontein and in Parktown, the accommodation itself is basic but comfortable and affordable. Daily rates for rooms range from R120.00* to R180.00* (EXCLUDING MEALS). Meals can be arranged to suit all tastes and needs. Function rooms, conference venues and many other facilities, accommodating groups of up to 1000 people, are also available for hire.
(*Prices are subject to change and can be verified when enquiries are made.)
- Single and double rooms
- Communal bathrooms
- TV lounges with DSTV
- Limited reception services
Amenities available for conferences
- Free laundry facilities in each residence
- Limited computer facilities (by special arrangement only)
- Vending machines in most residences
- Syndicate and discussion rooms in some of the residences
- Sporting facilities - playing fields, swimming pools, tennis and squash courts, etc.
- A hairdresser on Campus
- Coffee shops and canteens at various points on all campuses
- Restaurants: The Wits Club and The Staff Club (Hofmeyr House)
- Coffee shops, a stationery store, a convenience store and a pub in "The Matrix" student arcade
- Banking facilities
- Campus Health and Wellness Centre - for medical emergencies
- Travel Agent
- Post Office
For more information contact:
Tel: (011) 717-9171
Fax: (011) 717-9179