School of Economic and Business Sciences
The School of Economic and Business Sciences (SEBS) conducts high-profile academic research and delivers cutting-edge teaching in the disciplines of Economics, Finance, Insurance and Risk, Information Systems, Management and Human Resource Management, and Marketing.
The School has a long history of producing outstanding business graduates who have gone on to become leaders in business and industry. Ongoing active engagement with regional and national economic issues ensures that we remain relevant to South Africa’s changing economic landscape, and informs leading edge teaching and research.
The School houses several research institutes:
- The African Microeconomic Research Umbrella
- Smart Cities in Africa Research Project
- Strategic Foresight Research Group
- Health Informatics Research Cluster
- Information Technology and Education Research Cluster
- The Institutions and Political Economy Group (IPEG)
- IT Adoption and Research Cluster
- Knowledge and Information Economics/Human Resources Research Agency
- The Macro-Finance Analysis Group (MFAG)
- Management of Information Systems Research Cluster