The Strategic Partnerships Office (SPO) facilitates and co-ordinates international visits on behalf of the University. This includes:
- Receiving requests and advising prospective visitor/s on dates, staff members/ units and/or departments best suited to the purpose of the visit etc;
- Drafting and coordinating the programme for the visit;
- Scheduling meetings with Wits staff, as appropriate;
- Arranging a campus tour and
- Issuing an appropriate letter of invitation, upon request.
Please note that the office will not make travel and/or accommodation bookings.
Wits University will generally accommodate visits from partner institutions as well as non-partner institutions seeking to establish a relationship. The University may decline a request if:
- The purpose of the visit is not aligned to the University’s strategic objectives;
- There is no interest from Wits staff in the visit and the proposed areas of collaboration;
- The proposed date of the visit
- does not suit the availability of Wits staff who need to be involved.
- is a national or University holiday.
- is during registration or examination periods.
Generally, one delegation can be received per day, and most visits will be for half a day.
To request a visit, please complete attached here
- this form is for official visits only
- there are certain periods during the year when the availability of Wits faculty and staff members is limited due to the academic schedule. For this reason, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to accommodate visits on legal RSA holidays, during our graduation weeks which usually are in the last week of March, first week of July and second week of December and also during the last few weeks of December.
It would be appreciated if you could submit your request at least two months before the intended visit. Please send the form to:
Ms Elizabeth Maseko
Strategic Partnerships Office (SPO)
Tel +27 11 717 1067
Fax +27 11 717 1059