Online registration process
Step-by-step guide to registration
- Check the registration dates for your Faculty
- Log on to Wits Student Self-Service Portal (https://self-service.wits.ac.za).
- New Applicants must accept their Firm Offer before proceeding to register online.
Please ensure that all required certified documentation for your academic qualifications has been provided to the Student Enrolment Centre in hard copy before you accept your Firm Offer. Applicants who upload academic qualifications via the Student Self Service Portal would need to comply with this requirement.
- Click on the Online Registration link.
- Click on “Next” to proceed with Online Registration.
- Verify your personal details. Click on “Register Online” link.
- FIXED CURRICULUM: (1) Select Courses & Slots (2) Click “Validate” (3) Click “Enroll” (4) Accept Terms & Conditions (5) Click “Submit”
- FLEXIBLE CURRICULUM: (1) Click on “Choices” (2) Select “Courses” (3) Click “Add to the Planner” (4) Click “Return” (5) Click “Validate” (6) Click “Enroll” (7) Accept Terms & Conditions (8) Click “Submit”
You are now registered.
- To send the Proof of Registration to your email: Go to Main Menu > Self Service > Academic Records > Proof of Registration. Enter the year, then click “Generate”
- To Print your Proof of Registration, access your Wits Email address, open the attachment and click “Print”
New undergraduate first year students complete the Biographical Questionnaire
To finish the Online Registration Process, please apply for Clubs and Societies or Parking on the Student Self Service Portal.
- Collect or renew your "Kudu" card at Hall 29 on the Braamfontein Campus between 11 January and 21 January 2017, between 08:00 and 14:30. If you are a first year student, collect your registration bag.
- You are required to provide proof of identification, such as your ID document, passport or driver's licence.
- If you are unable to collect your card during this time, you may collect it from one of the University's Kudu offices before the academic year begins.
If you get any errors during the registration process, please follow the online instructions to rectify, or contact the Student Call Centre 011 717 1888.