Start main page content

International students

Before International students are able to register you must complete the following steps:

STEP 1:

Fees Quotation Form: The form must be completed by you followed by the Faculty Office and the Fees Office. If you have on campus accommodation, the form is to be completed by the Office of Residence Life as well.

STEP 2:

Valid Study VISA: This reflects that you will be studying at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.

STEP 3:

Payment of fees: 75 % of the tuition fees and related costs are required prior to the annual enrolment; the remaining 25% must be paid by 31 March. Failure to complete this payment may mean you could be deregistered. If you are sponsored, your sponsorship letter has to be vetted by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO).

STEP 4:

Clearance to Register: Present the completed Fees Quotation Form, Passport, Study Visa and proof of SA medical aid membership to the International Students Office to obtain the clearance to enroll. First year undergraduate students must obtain a Matriculation Exemption.

For further enquiries email:studysa.international@wits.ac.za or visit the International Students site.

Please register for your academic programme as per your student status and home faculty. 

Share

Giving to Wits

School of Public Health Building

Whether you invest in a promising young student, or contribute towards vital research or new buildings and facilities – giving to Wits brings great personal satisfaction and lasting results you can be proud of for years to come.

Give to Wits