Prepare your presentationCover Letter, CV, Advertisement Response
Improve the quality of your Application Letter and CV:
- Inform yourself about how to write these documents and what to include in them.
- Always have them read and critiqued by someone who can give objective and professional advice.
- Take special care to ensure that there are not grammar or spelling errors and that names and contact details have been checked and checked again.
- While the use of special fonts and bold can enhance the documents, the important thing is to ensure that the appearance of the document is neat and easy to read.
- Always place emphasis on making your most positive qualities easily accessible to the reader.
- Use the time you spend drafting your CV to examine your short-comings and think of ways in which you can address these. You may only be able to address these over a period of time.
First collect your copy of "The Job Search Process" booklet and then make an appointment with a Careers Educator at the Unit for assistance in preparing your job search documents.