Transportation is provided by the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg for:
- Wits registered students that require transportation from Wits Main Campus to the Wits Education Campus, Wits Health Science Campus and Wits Management Campus for academic activities.
- Wits registered students residing in Wits residences that are managed by Wits Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) to the various Wits campuses and residences.
- Wits Health Science students are transported weekdays to the following Teaching Hospitals for academic activities: Chris Hani Baragwaneth Hospital, Helen Joseph Hospital, Rahima Moosa Mother & Child Hospital, Oliver Tambo Memorial Hospital, Natalspruit, Union Hospital, Tara, Sterkfontein and Edenvale Hospital.
Two Inter Campus buses have wheelchair access that operates as follows:
- Bus 1A - Wits Inter Campus Circuit Route (All campuses | Wits Residences (excluding Wits Junction)
- Bus 3A - Wits Main Campus | Wits Education Campus (Direct)
NO STANDING PASSENGERS ALLOWED
- The Operating Licence in conjunction with the Public Road Transport Permit issued by the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport Johannesburg Office for the bus routes of the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service do not permit standing passengers i.e. the number of passengers on the bus cannot exceed the number of seats in the bus (65 seats = 65 passengers allowed).
- This is in terms of and subject to the provisions of the Road Transportation Act, 1977 (Act 74 of 1977).
- The conveyance of passengers on the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service is restricted to the route descriptions stipulated on the Public Road Transport Permit.
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE BUS
- Wits Main Campus (East & West Campus) - Amic Deck, Yale Road, Braamfontein
- Wits Education Campus - Bohlaleng Block, Parktown
- Wits Junction Residence - Junction Road, Parktown
- Wits Health Science Campus (Wits Medical School) - There are NO WITS INTER CAMPUS BUSES DIRECTLY TO WITH HEALTH SCIENCE CAMPUS (WITS MEDICAL SCHOOL). Wits students requiring transportation to Wits Health Science Campus (Wits Medical School) need to take the Inter Campus Bus Service to Wits Education Campus and then walk across to the Wits Health Science Campus (Wits Medical School).
BUS DEPARTURE TIMES
- Times indicated are departure times from the Wits Main Campus (Amic Deck bus stop), Wits Education Campus (Bohlaleng bus stop) and Wits Junction Residence bus stop.
- The times indicated at other stops are approximate times of arrival/departure and could be negatively impacted due to adverse traffic and road conditions, accidents or power outages experienced on the route.
2014 - WITS INTER CAMPUS BUS SERVICE TIMETABLES (WEEKDAY)
WITS INTER CAMPUS CIRCUIT BUSES - mon to thurs - ALL WITS CAMPUSES, WITS MANAGED RESIDENCES (VIA WITS JUNCTION)
WITS INTER CAMPUS CIRCUIT BUSES - fri - ALL WITS CAMPUSES, WITS MANAGED RESIDENCES (VIA WITS JUNCTION)
WITS JUNCTION RESIDENCE - WITS MAIN CAMPUS (mon to thurs)
WITS JUNCTION RESIDENCE - WITS MAIN CAMPUS (fri)
WITS JUNCTION RESIDENCE - WITS EDUCATION CAMPUS (fri)
2014 - WITS HOSPITAL ROUTE BUS TIMETABLE (WEEKDAYS ONLY)
7C (2) - HOSPITAL ROUTE
WEEKEND BUS SERVICE FOR WITS CAMPUS HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE(CHRL) RESIDENCE STUDENTS
A weekend bus service is available to transport Wits registered students residing in Residences that are managed by Wits Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) to Rosebank. The timetable for the weekend service is available on the Wits CHRL Residence notice boards.
There is no bus service for Wits residence students on a Public Holiday to Rosebank. The Inter Campus Buses will operate according to the vacation timetable on Public Holidays that occur on a weekday.
One Inter Campus Circuit bus (1B) will do a reverse route on weekdays from 19:00 until 23:00. Commencing from Wits Main Campus | Knockando (Oxford Road) | Parktown Village|EOH (Blackwood Avenue) | Wits Education Campus | Esselen Street Residence | Wits Main Campus.
ADDITIONAL SERVICE PRIOR AND DURING EXAMINATIONS
One week prior and during the examination period, the Inter Campus Circuit Route Buses will operate until 01h00 (weekdays only).
OPERATION OF BUSES DURING VACATION|RESEARCH|STUDY BREAK - PUBLIC HOLIDAYS (WEEKDAYS)
Inter Campus Circuit Route buses will be in operation from 06h30 - 24h00. No direct route buses will be in operation.
COMMENTS & ENQUIRIES
In the event that you wish to comment on the service or have any enquiries, please provide feedback:
PHOLA COACHES (PTY) LTD.
The University Inter Campus Bus Service is operated by PHOLA Coaches (Pty) Ltd.
MR. CORNELIUS SIMETHI
TEL: 011 717-9034
PHOLA Coaches (Pty) Ltd. http://www.pholacoaches.co.za/pages/contact.php
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND
MRS. NICKI MCGEE
DEPUTY DIRECTOR SERVICES - TRANSPORT
TEL: 011 717-9066
PROVIDE FEEDBANK | COMPLAINTS | COMMENTS REGARDING THE INTER CAMPUS BUS SERVICE VIA:
DEDICATED EMAIL: Transport.Services@wits.ac.za OR VIA DEDICATED SOCIAL MEDIA | FOLLOW WITS SERVICES: