The special permission of Senate is also required to register in the same academic year for more than one degree or diploma in the same faculty. In addition, no person may register in the same academic year as a student in more than one faculty unless the written authority of the Deans concerned is obtained.
A. Wits University
Applicants who are or have been registered students at this University are not required to submit a copy of their Wits academic record.
B. South African Universities*
If you are or have been registered as a student at another South African university you should:
- request the university concerned to send a full transcript of your academic record to the faculty to which you have submitted your application as well as to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office;
- attach certified copies of all your degree certificates to your application form;
- send to each of the faculties to which you are applying, a certificate of conduct and, where applicable, a copy of the published results for the current year as soon as the results are available. Any such documentation must bear the stamp of the Registrar and the signature of an authorised member of staff of that
C. Foreign Universities*
If you have been or are at present a registered student at a university or similar institution outside the Republic of South Africa, you must:
- attach certified copies of all your degree certificates to your application form and request the university or institution concerned to send a full transcript of your academic record to the faculty to which you have submitted your application, as well as the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office;
- include all details of courses undertaken and the marks obtained.
You are also advised that after receipt of the initial application, you may be asked to submit full details of the syllabuses of previous degrees to assist with the evaluation of the application. Documentation not in English must be accompanied by an original sworn translation, signed by a Notary Public.
Academic transcripts must be original copies. Degree/diploma certificates may be original documents or copies certified by a Commissioner of Oaths in the faculty.
Your foreign degrees have to be evaluated by the SouthAfrican Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in Pretoria.
SAQA contact telephone numbers are 27 (0)431 5000 Helpdesk 0860 10 31 88 Fax 012 431 5039
Or post to: Postnet Suite 248, Private Bag X 06, Waterkloof, Pretoria, 0145, South Africa.
*In the case of both B and C above, details concerning the length of study involved must be submitted.