The Application Process for a Wits Semester Abroad Opportunity
- See WIO website/partnerships at http://www.wits.ac.za/prospective/international/11415/partnerships.html for an overview of the partners Wits has signed cooperation agreements with.
- Contact the WIO to establish the nature of the agreements we have with partner institution/s you are interested in and whether you are eligible.
- Obtain application forms from WIO for partner institutions you are interested in.
- Check the relevant exchange partners website or visit the WIO for course information.
- Match the most suitable courses at the collaborating university to your Wits curriculum for the semester/academic year you wish to apply for.
- Complete the "Expression of interest Form".
- Meet with your learning and teaching advisor or relevant Wits Head of School/Department and advise the relevant individual/s to complete the "Permission for International Exchange" form which confirms your course selection at the partner institution and transfer of credits towards your Wits degree, should you pass the courses taken at the collaborating university.
- Submit the "Expression of interest form", "Permission for International Exchange" form/s and all required supporting documentation to the WIO.
- The Wits International Office will process your application and advise you whether you will be nominated to the partner university or not.
- If nominated, make an appointment with the relevant faculty registar to ratify your exchange semester/year. Please take all forms and supporting documentation with you.
- The WIO will forward the application form and all supporting documentation to the partner institution after you have met and received permission from the registrar to particpate in the exchange semester/year.
- The partner institution will decide on whether you can be offered a place as an exchange student and which courses you will be able to attend.
- The partner institution will issue a letter of acceptance/offer, which you will receive via the WIO.
- Make all necessary arrangements regarding travel, visa requirements, accommodation at host institution.
Expression of interest form(Outgoing)
Permission for International Exchange(Faculty)
Submit Application to:
Mr Ismail Badrudin,
Tel 27 (0)11 717 1055,
Wits International Office