Our goal is to facilitate access to external donors and to assist students with the sound management of their financial resources.
Points to remember
- Make enquiries early in the year.
- Apply to as many donors as possible.
- Check closing dates - many donors and sponsors will not accept late applications.
- If you are unable to obtain financial aid, you are advised to postpone plans to attend university until you have sufficient funds.
- You must apply directly to outside organisations for full particulars and application forms for bursaries, scholarships and loans offered by outside organisations, which have no contract commitments.
Wits DOES NOT have the application forms for the awards listed in this section.
As External Bursaries we:
- administer the External donors and its different components, which include, among others, SASOL Bursaries, Eskom Bursary, Vodacom Bursary;
- administer all governmental bursaries and scholarships both national and provincial
Download our bursary list click here.
Regular Consultation Hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30 - 16:00
For more information contact:
|Student Liaison Officer
Mr Premesh Shinol
Tel: (011) 717 1077
Most major banking intuitions offer student loans at attractive interest rates. Interest rates may decrease for consecutive years of study. Normally bank loans cover the duration of study and are repaid once you start working or once you have graduated. Some banks offer a grace period to students who are completing internships, articles or community service. In most instances you are required to repay the interest while still studying.
Sometimes surety / security is required, which means that a relative, friend or sponsor must guarantee to repay the loan if you fail to do so.
Visit your local bank to find out what products they offer students.
Here are some contacts details:
http://absa.co.za/Absacoza/Individual/Borrowing/Finance-your-Studies or tel: 0860 100 372
www.nedbank.co.za or tel: 0860 115 060
www.standardbank.co.za or tel: 0860 123 456
www.eduloan.co.za or tel: 0860 5555 44
https://www.fnb.co.za/students/life-start-student-loan.html or tel: 0861 40 40 40
Click here to download the 2014 Bursary list
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships - South Africa
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships target highly-qualified students and are awarded for studies in Sweden starting in an autumn semester. The scholarships are intended for full-time master's level studies in Sweden and cover both living costs and tuition fees.
Please find more about the scholarship and application process here.
HCI Bursary Programme
Bursary Awards Page
2015 ABSIP Bursary Fund
Closing date: 07 November 2014
HARMONY BURSAY APPLICATIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2015
MMMF Scholarship Program for 2014/2015
Closing date - 15 August 2014
The Rothschild South Africa Foundation Scholarships
Closing date - 29 August 2014