Jean-Francois Sobiecki is a South African ethnobotanist, with a BSc Hons, and Anthropology training, from the University of the Witwatersrand and Rand Afrik ns University respectively. He is currently fulfilling the requirements for undertaking a Masters in Anthropology. His research interests include ethnobotany, traditional healing practices, philosophy of mind, shamanism, and psychology. Contact Jean-Francois Sobiecki at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graeme Cumming, a close friend, for his huge effort for making this website possible.
- Witwatersrand University for providing me with the webspace.
- Professor KT van Warmelo and his sister Mrs Y. Iglauer for giving me permission to use the photographs made by their late father Professor NJ van Warmelo, a world class anthropologist.
- Lance Hoffman, for his assisting me with the material for the website.
- Lulama Masinga for his support and willingness to share with me his knowledge.
- Via Afrika Limited for their permission to use photographs from Broster A.J. 1981. Amagqirha: Religion, Magic and Medicine in the Transkei.
- Healing Arts Press for their permission to use photographs from Schultes, R.E. and Hofmann, A. 1992. Plants of the Gods. Their Sacred, Healing and Hallucinogenic Powers.