Position: Project Accountant (Grade AD08)
Contact: Makgala Mokoena Fax: (086) 553 3084
- Overall financial accounting of business Centres within the Faculty.
- Management reporting to the relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Costing of all the projects undertaken by the Centres.
- Budgeting for new projects as well as annual project budgets.
- Do reconciliations between the strategic plan, business plan and agreements between external parties and the Centres.
- Ensure that all transactions are accounted for according to GAAP.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements to the Centres’ Board of Directors and or Donors.
Qualifications and Experience: BCom with Accounting as a major and a minimum of 5 years experience in preparing financial statements for Close Corporations or Companies. Completion of articles with an accredited organization. Registration with SAIPA will be advantageous.
- Must be highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite, Business Intelligence, University Oracle Financial Systems and report writing.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, innovative and proactive in solving problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
To apply: submit a covering letter, detailed CV with names, addresses and contact details of 3 referees, certified copies of degrees, matric certificate and identity document.
Closing date: 17 May 2012