The Cash management Office invites suitably qualified and experienced applicants to apply for the Bank Reconciliations officer vacancy. The main purpose of this job is to record and reconcile the university’s funds into the books.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Perform bank reconciliation of the various bank accounts daily.
- Identification of funds and ensuring allocation to the correct General Ledger Account.
- Approving short course receipts after receiving information from relevant departments and the bank.
- Petty Cash Reconciliation.
- Compile bank transfer documents to be signed by authorized signatories and liaise with the bank when the there is a need to transfer funds from one account to another.
- Perform Commissioner of Oath duties for the University.
- Assist with the preparations for audits and provide auditors with required information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.Com degree or 3 year National Diploma (with Accounting/Bookkeeping)
- At least three (3) years bookkeeping and bank reconciliation experience
- Computer literacy (Ms Office skills, etc).
- Oracle or knowledge of ERP systems is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Closing date: 18 May 2012
To apply, please submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees to Ms. Lebogang Malebe: Officer, Central Human Resources Office, University of the Witwatersrand, Private 3, Wits, 2050
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.