Permanent Support Staff
Description: Main Purpose of the Job
Applicants are invited to apply for the above position in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The incumbent will be responsible for the assisting of financial and procurement transactions within the Faculty Finance office. This includes the implementation and maintaining of the universities Policy and Procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for the procurement transactions for two schools within the Faculty ie scrutinizing of all purchase requisitions for these schools / ensuring approved university vendors are used / creating of purchase orders and forwarding of purchase orders to suppliers.
- Responsible for the accounting of all Capital Expenditure / Disposals and the physical control of the Fixed Assets within the faculty.
- Reconciling and updating on a monthly basis the GL with the Fixed Asset register.
- Responsible for the faculty Petty Cash accounting procedures and reimbursements.
- Assisting of departments within the Faculty with general finance queries.
- Assisting with ADHOC duties ie deputising of the Faculty Contact Officer / PA duties to the faculty Business Manager etc.
- Grade 12 - studying towards an Accounting Qualification.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently.
- Good financial aptitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an Accounting / Bookkeeping background.
- Must have Financial IT knowledge ( Oracle will be advantageous)
- Good understanding of procurement process and strategic sourcing.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Closing Date: 11 / 05 / 2012
Please apply via i-Recruitment https://irec.wits.ac.za
Please submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, a detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees via i-Recruitment https://irec.wits.ac.za
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Preference will be given to appointable internal candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.