Position: Clinical Associate Lecturer: BCMP (Clinical Associate Programme)
One year renewable contract
The successful applicant will serve as a Clinical Associate Lecturer or Lecturer within the Department of Family Medicine
Qualifications and experience
- A Medical Doctor / Non-Physician Clinician / Clinical Associate / Primary Health Care Nurse / Paramedic with BTech or equivalent, registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa or the South African Nursing Council.
- Minimum of five years appropriate experience; the applicant should have had experience in emergencies, wards or OPD situations in a Community Health Centre, District Hospital or equivalent. Must be highly skilled in relevant health care procedures or education.
- Code 8 driving license and own transport essential.
- Must be willing to travel and work in different teaching sites, including visits to North West hospitals.
The incumbent will be required to:
- To provide classroom instruction, clinical supervision, evaluation and remedial support to Clinical Associate students
- To support the Clinical Associate programme at University and District level including staff and students.
- To support contribute to planning and content, documentation, course delivery and evaluation of the curriculum.
- To foster team work and inter-professional learning and development at the teaching sites.
- To assist with planning and co-ordination of timetables, clinical sites, etc.
- To perform other duties in the Department of Family Medicine as required.
Level: Associate lecturer or lecturer, depending on qualifications and experience
27 APRIL 2012
Please submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, a detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees via i-Recruitment https://irec.wits.ac.za
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.