The University of the Witwatersrand has a vacancy for a Remuneration and Job Evaluation Specialist in the Human Resources Directorate: Remuneration Office. The main purpose of this vacancy is to provide high level administration support and advise on remuneration activities. The incumbent will report to the Remuneration Manager, and will be a highly organised. S/he will be the central point of contact that provides support to Faculty Human Resources staff with regard to remuneration policies & procedures, job evaluation, salary surveys and benchmarking information.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for training, coaching and giving assistance to the HR faculty staff with regard to remuneration policies and procedures and ensures that HR staff have adequate knowledge to implement changes correctly.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of annual salary review exercise.
- Guides HR Managers & Officers with the implementation of new developments and processes in the remuneration field.
- Manages the administration of the job evaluation function and the running of the University Grading Committee, including preparing the agenda, grading report and extensive follow-up to implement decisions taken with grading.
- Is actively involved in identifying benchmark jobs and inconsistencies in grading, and handles complaints about the perceived inconsistencies in grading.
- Responsible for ensuring salary details for each salary survey is downloaded accurately and as per salary survey requirements. This entails a constant check of data and maintaining tables on the mainframe and altering the programme as needs change.
- Ensures correct data capturing of new codes when issued by Survey companies and ensures that job matching has been done in the respective faculties.
- Attends User meetings convened by the Salary Survey companies and follows up on tertiary Users discussion with colleagues at other Universities.
- Assumes responsibility for conducting research and participating in the design of any new systems, and to make appropriate recommendations. This involves working closely with IT to discuss proposed programme changes and implementations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree or an appropriate qualification.
- Sound knowledge of, and approximately 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Job evaluation methodologies (preferably Peromnes)
- Survey and benchmarking methodology
- Determination of pay scales
- Fringe benefits , and
- Remuneration administration.
- Proficiency in Excel and HR Systems preferably Oracle.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and writing skills
- Must be numerate, analytical an accurate
- Demonstrated ability to work according to tight deadlines and function effectively under pressure
- Experience in Labour and tax legislation advantageous.
To apply, please submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, together with a detailed CV with names and contact details of 3 referees to Mr Yule Banda, Human Resources Manager, Central HR Office, University of the Witwatersrand, Private bag 3, Wits, 2050. Electronic submissions can be forwarded to recruiting.centralHR@wits.ac.za, by no later than 23 April 2012
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.