2016 Process for first fee payment
- Wits University
Statement on the 2016 process for first fee payment.
First Fee Payment
- Only those students whose financial circumstances are such that they cannot afford to make a first payment before enrollment need not do so. All other students must pay a minimum of R 9 340 towards the their fees before they will be permitted to enrol.
- If you cannot afford to make this first payment before enrolment, please access the self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za and click on the words "2016 tuition fee” .
- If you have been awarded an external bursary or scholarship please present proof of this to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office and you will not be required to make a first payment.
- The following students are also not required to make a first payment:
- If you have been made a provisional offer for NSFAS funding for 2016;
- If you have been given a Wits University Scholarship;-
- Download the Average minimum-maximum fees schedule which is necessary to complete the form
Payment of Fees
- By the end of each academic year tuition fees must be settled in full .
- Students whose financial circumstances are such that they can settle their tuition fees in full by 31 March 2016 ,must do so.
- Students whose financial circumstances are such that they cannot pay tuition fees in full by 31 March 2016 should notify the University that this is the case by completing and concluding an Acknowledgment of Debt (AOD) .This Acknowledgment of Debt must be transmitted to the University by no later than 31 March 2016.
- Provided a student completes the Acknowledgment of Debt by the 31 March 2016 and fulfils his or her obligations as set out in the Acknowledgment of Debt he or she will not be charged interest on any amounts outstanding in respect of tuition fees.
- To understand more about this please download the Acknowledgement of Debt with guidance notes on how to fill in the document. The SEnC-Acknowledgement of debt document can also be downloaded.
For more information: