O-Week is here
- By Wits University
O-Week is upon us and the 2015 programme is crammed with a bit of everything to reflect the diverse activities of the University.
The official Welcome Day for new Witsies and parents is on Sunday, 8 February from 10:30.
The O-week committee has compiled a programme that features workshops and activities to address the needs of incoming students, including campus tours, academic-orientated workshops and a host of fun events.
- Sports Party – 9 February 2015, Wits Science Stadium
- Wits Nike Night Run – 10 February 2015, open to students, staff and alumni
- Silly Buggers Party – 11 February 2015
- Wits City Clean Up Campaign – 12 February 2015
- Rag/Parity Hip Hop Event – 12 February 2015
- Fresher’s Party – 13 February 2015. The line-up features Dj Warras, AKA and Da Les, Shimza, Twins on Deck, Lulo Café and many more.
Embrace the opportunity to experience the talents of students and staff members from the music and drama departments who will be performing as part of the Wits Theatre’s O-Week programme. The O-Week 2015 programme reflects some of the themes that the first year students will possibly deal with in their first year at university. All shows are just R10 each for the duration of O-Week.
A Flea Market will be open daily at the Amphitheatre next to the swimming pool at the Matrix.
Enquiries: SRC or the Student Development and Leadership Unit on (011) 717-9206
View the full O-Week programme