- An effective and efficient implementation mechanism to facilitate industry support in line with Government?s strategy and vision for the South African aerospace industry, aligned with the objectives of ASGI-SA and the emerging industrial policy framework.
- Attracting and developing world-class people and capabilities in the aerospace industry specifically but also in the area of advanced manufacturing in general.
- Increasing the commercialisation rate of local innovation with resultant increase in investment and employment and improved coordination of local research and development efforts.
- Upgrade and reposition the South African aerospace industry to be firmly entrenched as part of the global aerospace supply chains, contributing to the objectives of growth, equity and employment creation.
- Execution of commercially significant research projects, which would not have happened without a supportive national policy framework and dedicated resources.
- Development of scarce and higher level of skills, relevant to the requirements and needs of industry.
- Improved collaboration with knowledge based organizations (Higher Education Institutions and Science Councils) and through this collaboration enhancing the competitiveness of the aerospace industry.
- Being integrated under a supportive policy framework into a Government strategy of upgrading and repositioning the South African aerospace industry as part of the global aerospace supply chain.
For knowledge based organizations (Higher Education Institutions and Science Councils)
- Capacity (skill and knowledge) development through participation in projects.
- Access to resources to enable world-class research and development expertise and capabilities to be developed.
- Improved collaboration with industry (locally and internationally) and through this collaboration entrenching the role and contribution of these organisations as part of a well organised aerospace supply chain.
- Being a critical component of a Government strategy of upgrading and repositioning the South African aerospace industry as part of the global aerospace supply chains. This being implemented through a policy framework which recognizes the contribution of these organizations as being integral to the future competitiveness of this industry