Why Research with Wits Mining ?
- Highly qualified and motivated staff
- Personnel at Wits possess specific areas of expertise and are trained in research methodology.
- Staff understand the Southern African mining environment.
- Cost effectiveness
- Research bursaries cost less than salaries of engineers employed at research institutions.
- Postgraduate students are required to complete research tasks within prescribed time limits in order to graduate.
- Focused research
- Staff are encouraged to develop their areas of expertise.
- Involvement with industry ensures that staff are aware of pertinent issues.
- Modern facilities
- First class resources enable Wits Mining to carry out fundamental research.
- Continual upgrading of facilities ensures that Wits Mining remains in the forefront of technology.
- Research programmes are constructed to meet the needs, schedules and budgets of clients.
All correspondence and enquiries relating to research should be addressed to the relevant staff members or:
School of Mining Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Private Bag 3
Tel: 27 11 717-7403
Fax: 27 11 339-8295