Start main page content
Payment of Fees
- ALL fees must be paid ten (10) days before the start of either the semester course or the start of the block release course and registration is conditional on payment of tuition in full. You may not attend lectures before proof of payment is submitted to the Institute and your registration is confirmed.
- The fees for courses are the responsibility of the individual attending the course. For sponsored students, the individual needs to ensure that the organisation will have enough time to process the payment. The payment must be made with the correct bank reference, and Proof of Payment should be send to the Mandela Institute on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm registration.
- Non-attendance will not result in a reduction of fees, nor will it absolve the participant or the other signatories from full liability for the payment of fees.
- Mandela Institute at the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, reserves the right to change timetables, course commencement dates, postpone or cancel a course in its programme initially advertised and offered, on the basis of insufficient demand or on any other reasonable ground. In such a case a full refund will be made.
- The student agrees to be bound by the rules of due performance. Mandela Institute at the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, reserves the right to exclude the student from an examination and to withhold a student’s examination results and certificate if due performance requirements have not been met, without any way detracting from the right of the Mandela Institute at the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand to recover fees payable.
- No certificate will be issued to students who fail to pay their fees on time and any payment received after due date will be forfeited as a debt due to the university.