Short Courses at the Mandela Institute
The Mandela Institute offers continuing professional development in the form of stand-alone short courses. These courses are aimed at practitioners and law graduates who wish to gain new knowledge or update their skills, or to graduates who want to learn about various aspects of the law.
Applications will remain open until 18 August 2017 for the following four courses starting in September and October 2017:
Basic Administrative Law for Regulators (6-12 September)
International Nuclear Law (11-22 September)
Court Annexed Mediation (18-23 September)
Local Government Law (30 October-3 November).
Please email Mandela.Institute@wits.ac.za for further information. Applications are closed for all other second semester courses.
2nd Semester: 24 July to 31 October 2017
- Access to Information and Privacy Law
- Advanced Administrative Law
- Advanced Company Law II
- Basic Administrative Law for Regulators
- Collective Labour Law
- Court Annexed Mediation
- Economics of International Trade & Investment
- Energy and Climate Change Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Law on Foreign Investments
- International Nuclear Law
- International Trade Law
- Labour Dispute Resolution Practice (LDRP)
- Law and Sustainability II
- Local Government Law
- Pension Funds Law II
- Prospecting and Mining Law
Note: Mandela Institute of the School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, reserves the right to change timetables, course commencement dates, postpone or cancel a course in its programme initially advertised and offered, on the basis of insufficient demand or on any other reasonable ground. In such a case a full refund will be made.